Our physicians’ goal is to focus on helping people find relief from pain due to orthopedic injuries and/or conditions with the philosophy that each patient is unique. Because of this, our physicians do not only focus on the symptoms. They use the whole-person approach which takes into consideration the patient’s lifestyle and environment. This is done in order to understand all the underlying factors and effectively treat the person. People have the ability within their bodies to heal themselves. Regenerative Medicine is used to help the body recognize this and promote new tissue/cartilage/ligament growth.
Drs. Malanga, Bowen and Agesen have had excellent results on a variety of patients who have wanted to avoid surgery such as knee and hip replacements. This is especially true for younger patients (i.e. less than 60 years old), who may require another surgery later. What makes our physicians stand out from the rest is that they monitor and record how much the patients improve after a treatment as well as actively contributing to ongoing research.
Our award-winning doctors are all Fellowship Trained Board Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine. Drs. Malanga and Bowen have additional certifications in Pain Medicine.
- Gerard Malanga, MD is part of the team whose proposal was accepted for inclusion in the Collaboratory for Musculoskeletal Injury Rehabilitation Research (CMIRR) which helps the Military Healthcare System. Read More
- Gerard Malanga, MD at Uniformed Services University located at the Walter Reed Medical Center this June 25-26. Read More.
- Role of Trigger Points (Myofascial Pain Syndrome) in Neck Pain by Gerard Malanga, MD for Spine Universe.
- Gerard Malanga, MD will be doing the Orthopaedic Grand Round: “Evidence for Stem Cell Treatments for Orthopaedic Conditions” at Yale School of Medicine Friday, June 22nd.
- Derfner Foundation funds novel research in regenerative medicine at Kessler Foundation under Drs. Dyson-Hudson and Gerard Malanga.
- Point/Counterpoint in the May PM&R Journal of Gerard A. Malanga, MD, Samuel Dona, MD, (Adipose Tissue) versus Joanne Borg-Stein, MD and Michael Auriemma, MD (BMAC – Stem Cells) on the case history of a 56 year old woman suffering from Knee Osteoarthritis and Chronic Knee Pain.