NJSM Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM | Phone: 973-998-8301
We at New Jersey Regenerative Institute conduct IRB certified research studies and are looking for volunteers with specific orthopedic conditions. Study subjects will receive these various treatments at a significantly reduced rate. Join us to improve your health and others. If you are interested in taking part in this study, please fill out this FORM or call 973-998-8309. Please check this page to see what new studies are being conducted. We thank you in advance for your participation.
Lipogems Meniscal Tear Study:
Do you have a meniscal tear of the knee and have been told you need surgery? You may be a candidate for an IRB certified research study using Lipogems, an award winning technique that uses your own fat to treat orthopedic conditions.
- Age 35 and Older.
- Symptoms consistent with torn meniscus.
- Pain that can be provoked by palpitation or compression of the joint line.
- Pain located in the medial or lateral joint line that has persisted for at least 3 months.
- MRI or arthroscopic evidence of meniscal tear and the tear is located in the area of painful palpation.
- Failed conservative treatment which has included: anti-inflammatory or other medications for pain; physical therapy; corticosteroid injections and/or hyaluronic acid injections.
- This would include patients who have been told by an orthopedic surgeon that they would be a candidate for arthroscopic meniscectomy.
- Chronically locked knee.
- Prior surgery performed on affected knee.
- Assessment showing anything other than a tear of the medial or lateral meniscus requiring surgical intervention.
- Recent (within 6 weeks) treatment with PRP, cortisone oral or by injection, or hyaluronic injection.
- Any disease or condition the investigator feels would hinder treatment (cancer, infection, etc.).
- Any contraindications to lipoaspirate which includes: bleeding disorder, infection, pregnancy; allergy to anesthetic agents.
- Malignancy within the last 5 years.
New Jersey Regenerative Institute | 197 Ridgedale Avenue, Suite 210, Cedar Knolls, New Jersey 07927 | 973-998-8309
The information on this site is solely for purposes of general patient education, and may not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical care. Consult your own physician for evaluation and treatment of your specific condition.